*COVID update July 2020 *
Our opening times have changed and we are welcoming clients again for consultations! Food and medicines are still being collected from the door to reduce client contact.
8.30 – 6.30pm Monday – Thursday
8.30 – 6.00pm Friday
Saturdays: 9 – 2pm Clifton Rd only (Gipsy closed)
WE ARE NOW ABLE TO INVITE CLIENTS INTO THE CONSULTATION ROOMS AGAIN !!
In person consultations allow us to communicate far better with you than over the phone, and improves the efficiency of the team and our time constraints, so we also NOW HAVE MORE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE TOO.
To keep you and our staff safe, this change has to be done with precautions, and it is still not “service as normal” by any means, but it’s a great start, and has been such a positive move forward for our staff, and the clients who we have seen this week.
We ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Always book an appointment – this can be done online here or on the phone.
2. Please arrive on time, and let us know when you are outside – either call us, or we have an intercom system at the front door to use.
3. Only 1 person to attend the appointment please, we just don’t have room for anyone else to remain safely socially distanced in the consulting rooms
4. Please wear a face covering
5. The Vet will come and collect you from outside when they are ready for the consult to begin, and show you directly into their consulting room
6. There are hand sanitiser dispensers at the front doors, please use these on entry to the clinic
7. If your pet needs any sort of procedure needing another pair of hands ie nail clip, blood test – then we will ask you to either take a seat in the waiting room, or to wait outside, so that the Vet Nurse can assist the Vet
8. Please look at the stickers on the floor as to where to stand in the consult room, or when paying at reception.
9. We are operating a card only payment system at reception, no cash please
*Perspex screens in the consult rooms, and at reception
*Floor stickers showing where to stand to safely socially distance
*Hand sanitisers at the front door to use on entry
*Our Vets will wear visors or masks in the consult rooms
*If you have ordered medication or food for your pet, these will be paid for in advance and will still be collected from outside the Clinics.
*Clients will only be invited into the Clinics for booked appointments
Please let us know if you have any concerns or worries about visiting the Clinics, as we are here to help and have thought through solutions to most issues by now!